Clayton S. Greene As a founding partner of the firm, Mr. Greene brings profound local understanding and deeply rooted...
Oliver A. Smith A practicing attorney for over 20 years, Mr. Smith has personally handled in excess of 1500 cases. His prominence is marked...
Heather S. Allen Heather has been a practicing attorney in the Turks and Caicos Islands (“TCI”) for over 25 years. After obtaining her LL.B (Hons) in Law at the University of Leeds....
Kevin Coupland Mr. Coupland's substantial experience in a range of areas is invaluable to the firm. His expertise is in corporate, commercial and...
Oliver A. Smith
A practicing attorney for over 20 years, Mr. Smith has personally handled in excess of 1500 cases.
His prominence is marked by his appointment to prestigious international panels and scores of criminal defense successes. Select posts and esteemed qualifications include:
- Membership to the International Criminal Court Defense Panel (The Hague, Netherlands), which entails qualification to represent persons charged with war crimes and other crimes prosecuted by the International Criminal Court
- Former Member of the Departmental Disciplinary Committee of the Supreme Court, Appellate Division, adjudicating disciplinary complaints against Lawyers that practice in the Counties of New York and the Bronx
- Member of the Criminal Law Committee of the Association of the City Bar of New York, making recommendations on the appointment of judges and lobbying for Criminal Justice legislation
- Member of the New York State, Jamaica and Turks and Caicos Bar Associations
Between 1988 and 1997, Mr. Smith was a member of the New York firm Dunn and Smith, where he served several noteworthy clients, including:
- The State Insurance Fund and the New York City Transit Authority
- The Roosevelt Union Free School District
- The Chase Manhattan Bank on Residential and Commercial loans (for which he was Closing Attorney)
Mr. Smith attended Norman Manley Law School in Jamaica and is a regular contributor to the New York Law Journal and a frequent lecturer on Ethics and Criminal Law.